Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Funny Thing Called Superstition!!


Its funny how few things u do that eventually work in your favor tend to get onto your brain and then every other time you are compelled to do the same no matter what!!

Confusing???

Ok consider this :For the last few years,actually post the release of movie 'Halla Bol' i have been listening to this song named 'Jab tak hai Dum' the title track of this movie like crazy.And the funny part is I am not at all bored of it.I actually get goosebumps or a kind of kick start when I hear this song.It was all fine until one day just before my exams i tuned into this song for that much needed motivation and guess what it actually worked.I scored well,actually the maximum i ever scored in any of my Engg exams.Since then before every exam,every result or for that matter before any bad situation I have a tendency of playing this song.Weird but true.This was what i was trying to say.The same is the case with a dolphin pendant i wear.

Speaking of Superstition there is another thing called Lady Luck.Given the kind of hostile blog entries i have posted in the past regarding my faculty,College,Engineering you guys must have guessed that i am not a studious type.It has always been last day study for me.However there is a big factor called Lady Luck that has helped me rather saved me from flunking.Every SEM there was Har kamyab aadmi ke piche wali aurat atleast what i thought to be my lucky charm.But last sem was creepy.I broke up and was on a dry patch there after.My exams sucked as usual and with no Lady luck i was further more horrified.And then came the results day.After insanely playing 'Halla Bol' for five times i went for my marksheet.And guess what?? Not in my wildest dream i ever imagined myself scoring distinction,Never!!

The same Lady Luck which I thought to be a blessing was actually stopping me from scoring can u believe that! And the Syndrome continues.Earlier it used to be Lady Luck and now its Anti Lady Luck.This is how Confusing it gets!!

20 comments:

  1. I have a dolphin pendant too... and earrings to for tht matter... :D

    lucky for u lol.... hope to find my lucky charm someday!!! coz last min is definitely gonna screw me soon.... and ya year 1 engg.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Nirali
    Hey hi tx for following....u knw wat i have an ear piercing too thinkin of buyin earrings now :P
    BTW tried accessing u blog page ...it says private blog...is it really dat personal???
    Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. np... though id have to advice against the dolphin earrings... :P

    na nothing personal on the blog.... ahh well u shd be able to drop by now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ nirali
    U will have to send me an invite for letting me in or may be i will have to try even harder!!
    :) Waiting for the invite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha ha...wonderful...I guess ur out of the spell...
    Nice to discover ur blog..I like the title of the blog alot...

    ReplyDelete
  6. lolzz... engineering is all about last day studies and collecting notes the day before the exam... I used to keep a pencil and an eraser with me during the exam no matter i needed them or not... good luck charm :P ..

    Engineering days r the best days of ur life.. :) njoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehe... makes me nostalgic...

    As long as it workd for u... superstition is good enuff... ;) the pendant and the song is just a way to boost up ur spirits...rest is done by u ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i had a red underwear.. and someone stole it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my god...I have a lucky pendant too!! its just a round ring type with "sucess" engraved on it..
    I know..!! duh!! so obvious me right?
    But watever...
    anyways...I liked your post... insightful.. and I am sitting here now and thinking of all the superstitious things I have been doing/thinking of since ages...
    there are not many...but with me.. the more wierder it is... the more I believe...

    Oh and I m scared of the ghosts...even though I m an atheist....
    hmmmm....
    ghosts are superstition...arent they?
    please tell me so...

    anyways...I miss ur posts...
    write more often!!

    Hugs
    -indi

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Clementine
    1 SEM still pending u neva knw......tx for stopping by...cya arnd!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ vaibhav
    Last 4 yrs for me were full of mixed surprises...donno whether i wil miss em or not....will realize only after i pass out!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ harshita
    ya may b but i still believe i won't be able to do nythin without the pendant and the song!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ chriz
    i knw who it was....Superman he bloody flaunts it everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ indi
    ghosts aren't real ...they are superreal ...they are everywhere...even now when u r reading this or when i was typing this....beware of em...be scared of em...huhahah....Demonic ME!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice blog. Only the willingness to debate and respect each other’s views keeps the spirit of democracy and freedom alive. Keep up the good work. Hey, by the way, do you mind taking a look at this new website www.indianewsupdates.com . It has various interesting sections. You can also participate in the OPINION POLL in this website. There is one OPINION POLL for each section. You can also comment on our news and feature articles.

    At present we provide Live Cricket (From: 4 April Onwards) , News Updates, Opinion Polls, Movie Reviews and Gadget Reviews to our readers.

    Note:: Last week we have had some problem with the server due to which we could not update news and articles on time. However, that problem has been resolved now. We appreciate your patience and support.

    Kindly go through the entire website. Who knows, it might just have the right kind of stuff that you are looking for. If you like this website, can you please recommend it to at least 5 of your friends. Your little help would help us in a big way.

    Thank you,

    The Future Mantra

    ReplyDelete
  16. hehe yur posts r always fiun to read...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hehe, funny. Anti-lady luck. Let's see how long you sustain without a lady :) kidding. It was a nice read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice blog. Only the willingness to debate and respect each other’s views keeps the spirit of democracy and freedom alive. Keep up the good work. Hey, by the way, do you mind taking a look at this new website www.indianewsupdates.com . It has various interesting sections. You can also participate in the OPINION POLL in this website. There is one OPINION POLL for each section. You can also comment on its news and feature articles.

    You also get Live Cricket , News Updates, Opinion Polls, Movie Reviews and Mobile Phone Reviews in this website.


    Kindly go through the entire website. Who knows, it might just have the right kind of stuff that you are looking for. If you like this website, can you please recommend it to at least 5 of your friends. Your little help would help us in a big way.

    You can use the exclusive content of our website in your blog (those that are not taken from news agencies). Of course we would appreciate you you mentioned the name of our website in credits. Thank you,

    The Future Mantra

    ReplyDelete